Monday, January 16, 2012

Turn Your Eyes



I love looking at the cards other people have made. They give me such inspiration & fresh ideas. Such is the case with this card. A lady named Linda, (you can see her card here http://handstoworkhearttolove.blogspot.com ) made this beautiful card using toilet paper! Yes toilet paper and well, I just had to try it. Guess what, it was just as easy as she said it would be. I will most certainly do this again.
I used 10 sheets of toilet paper, wet them, folded them in half and gently pressed out the excess water. Then I unfolded it, placed it in an embossing folder,wrapped the folder with a bit more toilet paper & sent the folder through my Grand Caliber. (When you do this quite a bit of water comes out). Then I removed the toilet paper that was wrapped around the folder & discarded it. I carefully removed the embossed toilet paper & let it dry. When it was completely dry I distressed it with Tim Holtz"s Tea Dyed Ink. I used this transformed toilet paper for the base of my card.
For the rest of my card I embossed the printed Hymn Page & then hand cut around the embossing.I distressed everything with the tea dye ink, even the flower. Added a few tiny gems, a couple of eyelets & a bit of ribbon to finish it off. Hope you like it.

Guess that's it for today. Hope your day is wonderful.

Nancy

Entering this card in the challenges at:

Sugar Creek Hollow - "Embossing"

Triple the Scraps - "Hymn & Scripture"

8 comments:

Anne-Marie

Wow! I do like what you achieved with the toilet paper. Nice colours for your page.

Patti P.

Hi Nancy, what a fabulous job you did with this technique, I still want to give this a try. All of the embossing on your beautiful card is just perfect and I love the distressing you used. What a fabulous hymn stamp...thanks for playing again this week at Sugar Creek Hollow, we love having you.

Patti SCH/DT

Payne Holler Cards

this is stunning! and like you I love seeing what others create ...thats how i've learned what little i know LOL
havent tried this yet but also fell in love with Linda's piece and now YOURS!
just gorgeous - so glad you entered at Sugar Creek Hollow so I didnt miss it (-:
hope you keep on playing with us!

Cheryl

Who'd have thought toilet paper could turn into something so gorgeous. I'm smitten with this beautiful card.

Jonia

This is beautiful! Nothing like Toilet Paper!

Patter Cross

Such a gorgeous page and wow, TP!!! What technique will be thought of next? LOL! Truly fun and beautiful. I need to try it! Blessings to you!

Jasmine

It's so nice to have such a talented Ma!...I really like this one. Will have to give the toilet paper technique a try.
xx

Nancy

That's brilliant! Your page is gorgeous!...Nancy :o)

Post a Comment