Wednesday, February 8, 2012

LOVE


Well, I finally made it to our new Michael's Craft Store. It actually opened last Saturday, but both my parents have been in hospital, so today was the first chance I had to go. My Mom had angioplasty last Friday & my Dad had suffered a stroke the week before. Both are home for now, though Dad goes for cancer surgery this week & Mom has a second angioplasty next week. Let's just say my life has been very, very busy! Thank goodness for cardmaking. Colouring is a real stress reliever for me.

Today's card is for a couple challenges. (Some weeks those challenge deadline dates just seem to sneak up so fast!).  I choose a sweet image by Meljen's Designs for my main focus point. I think this sketch, from Fetch a Sketch,  really draws your eye to the image. My dp is by My Mind's Eye "Lime Twist". I cut the scalloped ovals by using  Spellbinder dies in 3 different sizes. I also used a Spellbinder die to cut the leaves. The sentiment is a digital freebie & I used a circle punch & scalloped circle punch to cut it out & mat it. Added a few paper flowers with brad centers, pearls & some glitter glue. As usual I coloured the image with Copics.

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday.
blessings,
Nancy

Entering this card in the challenges at:

Meljen's Designs - Loving You

Fetch a Sketch

5 comments:

Robin Parker

Love the way you twisted the image, and your designer paper. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design Challenge for Loving You.

Jasmine

Hopefully things will start to slow down...Great take on the challenge!

fairysparkle

Nancy hunny thank you for leaving me a comment on my crochet im so proud of it .Now on to your sweet card ,its so pretty and i hope you win.

Tip Top

So pretty and I do like how you've used the sketch! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

Jenny

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch - I hope you can join us for our new sketch too! x

Post a Comment