Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's June and that means "Graduation Time!"

Good morning! Today over at Meljen's Designs is my day to add a little Inspiration to your papercrafting world so I'd like to share with you a Graduation card I made. This year my littlest grandson, Zach, is graduating from Senior Kindergarten and boy is he ever excited about it! So to help hime celebrate this milestone I thought a cute little gift card work do just the trick.


I decided on this cute Meljen's digital image "Professor Owl".  I coloured him with Copics and added lots of distressing by inking all of the edges. I cut both ends of this flap card with a circle Spellbinder Die to make them rounded. I also cut out the image with an oval Spellbinder Die. I folder embossed the entire background of the card with a Swiss Dot folder. The DP is a little bit I leftover, I think it is by MME. The sentiment is computer generated and then cut out with a Creative Memories circle punch.


Inside I created a little pocket where I'll be inserting a coupon for "Ice Cream with Grandma & Grandpa"! Zach will love it! So there you have it! If you are looking for some super cute "School Related" images I really encourage you to check out all of the great images Melissa has over at Meljen's Designs...she even has a lot of cute freebies!
Blessings on your day.
hugs,
Nancy

Challenges:

SweetPea Stampers - Birds of a Feather
QKR Stampede - Any Winged Creature
So Artful Challenge - Owls
Di's Digi Designs - Winged Things
Crafty Friends Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Calender Challenge - Things With Wings
Mema's Crafts Monday Challenge - Anything with optional Twist {Graduation}
Songbird Challenges - All Creatures Great and Small
Sandy's Crafty Creations - Embossed Background {Folder Embossed}
Sentimental Sundays - Summer Colours
 

10 comments:

Electra

This is wonderful-using an owl for a graduation card,m is perfect! I love the sentiment as well. Thanks for being Soartful with us!!

Deonna B

Fantastic Graduation owl and card! Thank you for sharing with QKR Stampede this Week.

Sandy Trefger

Very cute! I love the owl and sentiment and the dotted embossed background! Thanks for sharing with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations.

Tammy

Awww this is so cute Nancy! I love that adorable owl image and your fabulous sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy x

Lozzy

Gorgeous Nancy, love your design and colours and the owls so sweet..Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers this month and hope we see you again soon. Good Luck. Hugs Lozzy xx

Craftyrose

Adorable wise old owl. Fab for our winged things challenge. thanks for joining us over at Di's digi designs. xx

deesdesigns

Love it! Love the owl, love the layout, love everything about this card. You get to go to the head of the class :-) Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us for our Winged Things challenge at Di's Digi Stamps! Dee

Craftdee Donna

What a lovely card - perfect for the Winged Things challenge at Di's Digi Designs
Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you at the Beautiful Borders challenge starting today, Donna ♥

Kym's Crafty Cards

What a lovely owl card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “birds of a feather” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

Mema's Crafts

Totally cute and perfect sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Mema's Crafts.

Post a Comment