Monday, September 23, 2013

*** Clean and Simple...not for me!

Hi there, glad you stopped by. Today I have a "Clean and Simple" card to share with you and I have to say it is the hardest style for me to achieve! I want to fill in all those spaces with colours and patterns and well, just things! For some reason, to me, it just seems to look unfinished. Don't get me wrong, I love the "CAS" look and when I see other crafter's CAS projects they are just so beautiful, but, mine always look so plain! Maybe it's because I usually work on 6x6 cards instead of going to a different size. I think I'll try that next time. Anyway, here is my card:
 

 
I did use an embossing folder on the squares, a bit of BoBunny DP, a single Leaf button and several tiny buttons on this card. The sentiment is a rubber stamp. I tried to control myself but I just had to add some "faux stitching". hehehe.
Until next time.
hugs,
Nancy
 
Challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays - CAS and a Leaf
Dream Valley - Autumn
* Color My Heart - Autumn Terracotta, Goldrush and Olive
Just Add Ink - Sketch
Inspired By Stamping - Fall/Autumn



16 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen

I think you did a great job of making this CAS beautiful! It has just enough "extras" while leaving lots of "white space". Thanks for linking your card up to us at Color My Heart Color Dare--hope you will join us again soon!
:) Marie

Becca-expressions

I agree with Marie, this is a beautiful CAS creation. It is hard not to add a little of this and a little of that until the card stops being CAS, but this has a nice balance. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with us at Color My Heart.

Monica

Such a lovely card... with perfect colours for fall and not too much empty space at all.

scrappymo!

What a wonderful CAS card! Loving all the elements you chose and I think you stopped just in time...not too plain to feel you need to add more but not overdone either...just perfect.

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping

I LOVE this! Beautifully done! Love the black layering too. Hugs, Joanna

Christine Blain

Nancy, the colours are lovely, and the embossed squares are AWESOME!! This is a really nice card! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Vickie Y

Lovely layout and colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can Challenge.

Deb

What a fun button to use! Lovely CAS card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Louise Sharp

A lovely take on the Just Add Ink sketch this week. I love the clean sqaures and hexagons embossed on them. I love all the little elements of this card.
Louise - JAI Design Team. xx

Anonymous

Great earthy colours -- and I good take on this sketch too. I like all you faux stitching. Chantell JAI

melsanford

Fab card! I love the embossing :-) Thank you for joining our Autumn challenge at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Sheri

I love it! You've done a beautiful job balancing your elements and creating a clean look. Thanks for taking this week's Color Dare!

G Eileen Studios

I love the strong graphical concept of your card. The black shadows make the colors pop and pull all the elements together. Thanks for sharing your design with us.

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist

Love it, you did very well with the CAS look. The stitching added a great detail. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart

NJ Stamping Queen

CONGRATULATIONS Nancy--you've won the Color Dare Diamond Award at Color My Heart Color Dare! We would like to invite you to be a Guest Designer at an upcoming Color Dare--are you up for the challenge? Please email me at mflayer at comcast dot net for more details.
:) Marie

Poppet

Great card Nancy, love how the embossing really makes the squares stand out.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Post a Comment