Friday, March 7, 2014

Time to Think Spring!

Good morning to you all! Today I am sharing my Meljen's Designs DT Day Inspiration project with you. It's a Spring-Themed card. I don't know about you but I'm ready for Spring; even if that means a few Spring Showers, because usually that means there will be a pretty rainbow!







The MD image I chose to work with is called " Little Umbrella Boy " and you can find it right here in the Meljen's shop. I coloured it with Copic Markers, then fussy cut it out and adhered it with foam dots to give it some dimension. The "Rainbow" is made of leftover pieces of gross grain ribbon. I added colour co-ordinated buttons at the top of each strip. The fence was cut using a Sizzix die. I hand cut the "Rain Cloud" and hand wrote the sentiment. The "Rain Drops" are teensy weensy gem stones. I added some faux stitching/doodling around the edges of the card and cloud.
Well, that's it for me. I hope you will head on over to the Meljen's Designs Shop and check out all the cute Spring images Melissa has, I'm sure you will find at least one that will brighten your crafting day. Oh and don't forget about our Meljen's Designs Celebration Blog Hop going on right now!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
hugs,
Nancy


Challenges:


Craft A Scene - Let It Be Spring
Crafty Ribbon - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes {Uplifting}
Stamp and Create - Ready for Spring

6 comments:

Karen Letchworth

Nancy: This is precious! SO bright and sweet. Thanks so much for stopping by this week to share your art with us. I hope you will join us again soon with more of your wonderful art.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Myzdamena

what a cheery card <3

Sue's Crafty Corner

What a gorgeous little scene and such a colourful rainbow too. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

Sue xx

Rebecca Hoy

I love how clean and fresh this design is. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this week. Rebecca x

cebelica

This is awesome. I love how you created "rainbow" with ribbons. Fab work! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

Anna-Karin

Such a sweet card! Love that focal image and your ribbon rainbow is so clever. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!!

Post a Comment