Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thank You!

For the past 3 years my granddaughter, Alanna, has had a "Hot Chocolate Stand" with all the proceeds going to our local Outreach for Hunger. It started out as a Grade 6 school project called "Mr. Nobody". The assignment was for each student to take home a doll that looked just like a blue, faceless gingerbread boy and bring it back to school with something attached or added to it that would identify a need in our community that the student had helped. It actually not only made the students aware of needs in our area, but showed them that, even though they were young, they could make a difference. Well, as I mentioned above, Alanna held a Hot Chocolate Stand, raised over $600 for the Outreach for Hunger and attached a soup label to Mr. Nobody. The following year she decided to do it again, simply because she wanted to, and raised over $800 for Outreach for Hunger. This past Saturday Alanna held her 3rd Hot Chocolate Stand for Outreach for Hunger and raised just over $1650 . She realizes that she couldn't do it without a lot of help from her family, friends and donations from some local businesses. She is so thankful for all of the support she receives. 
Anyway, all that said, today starts the new challenge over at Meljen's Designs and this week's theme just happens to be Thank You! So I decided to make my Thank You card with Meljen's adorable pre-coloured image Christmas Cocoa. My printer ink wasn't the beat so I did add a bit of colour with my Copic markers.


Lots of MME papers on this card, with a few wooden snowflakes embellishments, {that I clear embossed to make shiny}. I also added a bit of this cute pompom trim and some faux stitching. 
I do hope you will get a chance to make a project for our challenge over at Meljen's Designs which you can find right here.
 
I'll leave you with a photo of Alanna and her Hot chocolate Stand.


hugs,
Nancy

0 comments:

Post a Comment